We are hiring for a Technical Lead for an Environmental Testing company
In brief this role calls for several years of ICP-OES/MS and the role doesn’t involve man management, but the successful person will be nurturing junior colleagues so needs the technical know-how.
Salary is paying up to £30,000.00 based on experience and this is a permanent role.
What you'll do:
- Troubleshooting instrumentation problems.
- Organisation and up keep of service contracts for all instrumentation.
- Troubleshooting analytical methods.
- Overlooking method improvements and validations.
- Mentoring analysts and laboratory technicians.
- Checking analytical data produced by analysts and ensuring the integrity of the data produced.
- Set up new instruments, methods, workflows, SOP's.
- Aid R&D department when appropriate.
- Re-test management and documentation.
- Running the designated instrument, calibration, quality control, data processing and system suitability recording.
- Maintenance and record keeping of Instrumentation, keeping the instrument and its area clean and tidy.
- Trouble shooting and the corresponding maintenance of instruments and communication of actions/effectiveness to management.
- Reviewing/Checking QC data and analytical results.
- Complying with Health and Safety requirements of the site as stated within Company policy, procedure and practice
- Aid the Section Manager in technical requirements of processing the day’s workload and ensuring it runs at optimal efficiency.
- Aid the QC Manager in dealing with non-conformities associated to raw data and laboratory processes.
- Support the analyst team and aid other departments when necessary.
- Preparation and supervision of primary stock, working and daily solutions.
- Participate and take control of PT schemes and investigate PT data.
- Support the improvement and development of new and existing SOP's.
- All staff are responsible for their own training records. Training records have to be up-to-date to progress within the career model.
In addition you wil be responsible for:
- Monitoring of re-test rates
- Monitoring of process efficiencies
- Fully maintain instrumentation and keep a tidy work space
- Up-to-date training record
- Successful PT data or completed investigations with root cause
We expect the successful applicant to be qualified to at least BSc level in chemistry with experience of ICP OES and ICP MS.
You will be ready to move into a role where you are very much the instrumentation and subject matter expert on testing using the above two techniques. In addition we wold expect to see a good knowledge base in quality systems such as ISO and UKAS testing.
On this occasion, LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.