Senior Synthetic Chemist
Based in Newbury, Berkshire
We are currently working with a company based in Newbury who are a global supplier of chemicals to a wide range of industries including pharmaceutical, life sciences and diagnostic sectors. They specialize in the production of carbohydrates, nulceosides, enzyme substrates and biochemicals.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and develop chemistry for custom synthesis products and catalogue products
- Carry out and accurately record characterisation and data analysis
- Work efficiently in the laboratory to meet project deadlines
- Prepare written reports for internal and external use
- Perform all laboratory work in a safe manner and comply with all regulations and adhere to company policy
- Supervision of junior chemists in the laboratory
- Provide support and training for major equipment in the laboratory.
- A PhD chemist, or equivalent, with 5 years industrial experience
- Knowledge of a wide range of synthesis techniques
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Experience of supervising junior staff
- Experience within carbohydrate, nucleoside or large scale synthesis would be advantageous but not essential
- Self-motivated, proactive and well organised
Our client offers a competitive package including flexible working, cycle to work scheme and annual bonuses paid at the companies discretion.
On this occasion LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment business