We are seeking a Quality Control Analyst for our client in Gainsborough, this is a permanent role and pays a salary up to £20,500 depending on the experience of the successful candidate. The client works in animal health pharmaceutical products and the role has come about due to expansion to the team.
What you’ll do as a QC Analyst:
You will sample, test and release raw materials, intermediates and final products. Strict timescales are involved to meet the needs of the business and support of new formulations/finished products with ongoing stability programmes will be required.
- Sampling and testing of raw materials, intermediates and finished products, using any associated ‘wet’ chemistry and instrumental techniques (HPLC, IR, UV), as appropriate.
- Preparing Quality reports, including analytical reports (for raw materials and finished products), Certificates of Analysis (CoA) (for finished products) and stability reports.
- Creating and executing method development and method validation test protocols for finished products and generating the appropriate analytical methods.
- Stability testing of products for new formulations and ongoing stability trials, using physical (pH, viscosity) and instrumental (HPLC, UV) techniques, as appropriate.
- Writing analytical specifications using current pharmacopoeias and reviewing existing analytical specifications.
- Writing/reviewing Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Standard Operating Instructions (SOIs).
- Calibrating/checking calibration of analytical equipment, as and when required.
- Supporting all QC activities.
- Ensuring that procedures are carried out carefully and accurately to eliminate errors.
- Ensuring good relations and communications with all members of the team and responding politely and in a timely fashion to internal and external customers.
- Observing and complying with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Good Distribution Practice (GDP).
- Observing and complying with company policies including Health and Safety.
- Observing and complying with company SOPs and SOIs.
- Undertaking any other duties, either for the Quality department or any other department within the business, which may be requested by the Quality & Regulatory Affairs Manager, for which training and/or an explanation has been provided and understood.
Essential for the QC Analyst role:
- We are seeking a candidate with qualifications within a scientific discipline (strong chemistry content).
- Skills and experience within a similar position (1+ years) - A QC role in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Knowledge in the use of key analytical equipment (HPLC, IR, UV) and ability to achieve and maintain high standards with meticulous attention to detail required.
- You will be self motivated with the ability to work proactively using your own initiative.
- Hands on approach and committed to learning and development.
Desirable for the QC Analyst role:
- Experience with validation/verification is desirable but not essential as full training will be given.
- working to accredited industry standards; GMP, ISO 9001 useful.
This is a permanent role, on this occasion, LiCa Scientific Ltd is acting as an employment agency.
To apply please send CV and any supporting notes to firstname.lastname@example.org