Purchasing & Logistics Administrator
About the company:
Our client, based in Bristol, carries out synthesis of biologically active small molecule compounds. They are now in need of a Purchasing & Logistics Administrator to join their team.
Role Definition: A purchasing role with responsibility for the procurement of raw materials, finished goods, office supplies and facilities maintenance services alongside stock administration and movement.
Core responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Obtaining quotes, placing and following orders for raw materials, finished products, consumables, packaging materials and equipment for the company.
- Proactively liaising between suppliers and staff to resolve purchasing supply issues, ensuring an accurate and timely provision of supplies.
- Entering scientific data on the Product Database with a high level of accuracy.
- Accurately maintaining the Company purchasing databases (ERP system) to high standards.
- Process all stock orders and accompanying courier dispatch documentation efficiently and accurately in accordance with service standards; ensure documentation meets all regulatory and export requirements.
- Accurately maintaining ERP system with all inventory movement.
- Carry out other administrative duties as required; paperwork relating to Controlled Substance and Toxins; backorder/availability updates, product returns and credits.
- Weekly/daily generation and dissemination of worldwide backorder reports.
- Negotiate courier terms and costs annually.
- Monitoring screening email inbox.
Core knowledge and skills:
- Shipping and Logistics experience would be highly desirable.
- Purchasing experience would be an advantage.
- Numerical and administrative skills for accurate order processing and technical data entry.
- IT skills – user ability with M/S Office (Word, Excel) and the internet. Experience with ERP systems (Opera in particular, but also Sage and AX) would be desirable.
- Excellent communication skills to build and maintain good relationships with suppliers and liaise effectively with management and staff.
- Confident telephone manner.
- Ability to produce concise and accurate costing reports for analysis.
- Good team and organizational skills.
- Self starter/autonomous.
Job Dimensions: A central support role with authority to place unsupervised routine orders in accordance with the current delegation of authority document, and to a higher value as requested by management.
Daily contact with:
- Management and staff at all levels throughout the company.
- External suppliers / couriers.
- Onsite and offsite employees throughout the company.
In return for the Administrator’s hard work, they can expect to receive:
- Competitive base salary and annual salary reviews.
- A comprehensive benefits package including Bupa health and dental cover, Life Assurance, Long-term Absence Cover and Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Participation in a competitive pension scheme starting at 2% employee contribution, matched by 7% employer contribution; up to 6% employee contribution and 9% employer contribution.
- Training support as required.
- 25 days annual leave.
- Flexible working; core hours of 10am-12pm and 2-4pm.
To apply for the Purchasing & Logistics Administrator role:
Cover notes supporting your application are welcomed. On this occasion LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.
Please email email@example.com with your most up to date CV and a cover letter.