We are recruiting for a Metrology Team Leader to join a client in South Wales on a permanent basis.
Salary to£35k + package
Our client is a pharmaceutical manufacturer with facilities for highly potent compounds, specialising in niche pharmaceutical therapies. The company offers a range of out-sourced pharmaceutical services and can support clients from early stages in development to clinical trials through to commercial supply. Due to continued expansion they are looking to recruit a Metrology Team Leader for their analytical operations services department.
What you’ll do:
The main purpose of the Metrology Team Leader role is to manage the Laboratory Support functions and day to day running of the Analytical Services Testing Laboratory – reporting to the QC manager.
To champion best practice within the Analytical Laboratory and to ensure compliance with relevant Company, local and International Regulatory and Client requirements at all times.
Key responsibilities for the Metrology Team Leader:
- Responsible for leadership of team of designated personnel within the analytical services team, ensuring delivery of laboratory support functions to the Analytical Services department, equipment validation and qualification, technical laboratory support, technical writing and data interpretation activities.
- To undertake such tasks and to manage specific internal or ad hoc projects as and when required to meet department and business needs and within the scope of the job-holder’s capabilities and responsibilities.
- To lead and drive the laboratory to achieve the required business standards in terms of quality, safety, KPI’s and regulatory/Client expectation.
- To organise the Support Team's activities and be responsible for full laboratory support functions for the analytical laboratory.
- To prepare and authorise technical documentation for the analytcial laboratory surrounding equipment validation, operation and training.
- To review and approve analytical and laboratory data within the Department for accuracy, completeness and compliance with documented procedures.
- To identify self-development needs for future performance.
- To manage and process all HR and departmental documentation for the team members including; attendance sheets, overtime forms, sickness related documents, absence request forms and annual leave and staff appraisals including 1:1s, probationary reviews etc.
- Authority for the expenditure while maintaining sectional expenditure within budgetary constraints.
For the Metrology Team Leader role the Qualifications/Experience requirements are detailed below:
- Degree in Scientific subject (preferred Chemistry or Microbiology)
- Demonstrable experience within a similar role in the pharmaceutical industry
- GMP knowledge essential
- Good communication skills, self-motivated and organised team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Previous people management experience would be highly advantageous
On this occasion LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.
Louise Hall is the contact for the role and available on 0161 302 2119 / 07787 447 095. Do email email@example.com with any questions or your application.