Our client is a contract research and development company in the pharmaceutical industry with expertise in producing pharmaceuticals for clinical trials. They are seeking a Formulation Project Manager to work in the technical team to deliver on the development programmes.
What you’ll do:
You will be working on formulations that are proving challenging for example looking at stability, new formulation vehicles (gel tablets, modified release), or perhaps just formulating an API into a tablet for the first time. Projects will be varied depending on the client and
To work closely with the project managers and team leaders to ensure projects are delivered to a high standard – both in terms of quality and scientifically.
- To deliver scientifically sound formulation and pre-formulation protocols.
- To act as technical support for the formulation team.
- To write formulation development reports.
- To maintain effective communication with all key stakeholders.
- To participate in client facing meetings (on site meetings and TCs).
- To participate in CPD activities to develop scientific knowledge further, for example, by attending relevant symposia/conference meetings and to disseminate this information to other members of the technical team.
- To attend Technical meetings on a regular basis.
- To perform other duties required in a technical capacity as required by the business.
Educated to degree level with BSc pharmaceutical sciences or relevant chemistry related discipline. Further postgraduate qualifications would be an advantage.
We anticipate a minimum of 3 years experience in a formulation development role. You will bring a proven track record in non-sterile dosage form development, which is a pre-requisite.
Expertise in solid dose including powder characterisation and processing techniques including granulation, compression and capsule filling are required. Oral liquid and semi solid development experience in the arena of solubility enhancement, stability optimisation (preservative system selection, rheological assessment) and paediatric delivery are also desired. Experience in the design and scale up of topical or lyophilised products, would be an advantage.
Please email email@example.com or call 0161 443 4173 with any informal enquiries you may have. On this occasion, LiCa Scientific Ltd is acting as an employment agency.