We are seeking a Technical Manager for our client in London, who are a contract analytical company valuing teamwork and consultative delivery to their clients. This role calls for a strong technical understanding and will be customer facing as a point of contact for all technical questions and advice. Knowledge with ICH and strong understand of chemistry is therefore needed for development work.
What you’ll do:
Your role will be to ensure laboratory work is happening in line with company’s strategy and demonstrate our clients unique offering in consultation with clients. We are seeking someone who is keen to develop themselves and learn more knowledge about other areas of our client’s market e.g. herbal & medical devices. This will ultimately allow us to offer support to customers and provide a value added service in both the analysis and the education output from our client. Our client is a successful business who have confirmed this position as part of the new structure will deliver the companies strategies.
Our client is focussed on having a stronger team to offer a better service and stay ahead of the competition.
Roles and responsibilities:
Specifically, this role will be managing / providing leadership to the Quality Control Analyst team to ensure that appropriate methods and strategies are developed in support of projects and routine commercial activities. Key fields of responsibility will be as follows:
- Recruitment, training & disciplining Quality Control staff in accordance with Company personnel policies. Maintaining good employee relations, motivation, morale & safe working practices.
- Reviewing trends & promoting continuous improvement for laboratory KPIs such as out of specifications, batch failures & stability.
- Ensuring analysts are trained regarding the operation of equipment & performing of new methods and/or analytical techniques as well as company policies. Mainly centred on HPLC and GC / other chromatography and spectroscopy analysis.
- Assisting in investigation & root cause analysis of quality issues and laboratory based CAPAs.
- Managing development and validation of pharmaceutical / herbal / medical device analysis methods for current projects, as well as ensuring all equipment is validated and maintained to the required standard.
- Completing chemical, physical or instrumental assays or tests on any pharmaceutical product, in-process material, or raw material for assigned products when necessary.
- Approving specifications, testing methodology for materials & products. Identifying new methods for customers as per requests.
Bachelor’s degree or higher qualification is preferred, with certifications an advantage including Quality Auditor, Quality Engineer, Quality Improvement Associate, Six Sigma. Experience of quality inspection, auditing and testing experience, implementation of corrective action programs, product or industry-specific experience, QA knowledge and knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements. Experience of working in a contract laboratory in analytical method development, and strong HPLC knoweldge would be desirable. On this occasion, LiCa Scientific Ltd is acting as an employment agency. To apply please follow the steps on our website and do call 0161 300 9192 with any informal questions you may have.