Technical Leader Pre Formulation
We are hiring for a Technical Leader to work in Pre-Formulation for our client that is involved in pharmaceutical, medical device, and new chemical entity drug discovery and pre clinical development.
They are seeking formulation chemistry expertise to drive experimental design and data interpretation across a diverse range of formulations.
Technical duties of the role
This role will involve you using your formulation skills to support studies into
- API solid form optimisation,
- Salt / polymorph / crystallisation / excipient compatibility screening, and
- Aqueous / solvent / biorelevant media solubility assessments.
You will be experienced in optimising pre formulation strategies, and also XRD, particle sizing, surface area analysis, porosity, thermal, DVS, isothermal calorimetry, microionising and milling techniques, freeze drying, spray drying, blending, hot stage and polarised light microscopy.
Ideally you’ll have experience in many of the above fields though we aren’t expecting 100% of these to be covered.
Our client operates to Good Manufacturing Practice and Good Laboratory Practice, and experience of working to these standards is also beneficial.
Day to day duties
You will be working in revenue generating laboratory activities centred on pre formulation project work, applying diverse techniques to technical challenges, and on occasion acting as a Project Leader.
- You will be managing client programmes focussed on pre formulation, and proof of concept early formulation.
- You will be providing technical guidance to colleagues, training and mentoring in specialist techniques, processes and instruments, and method and instrument troubleshooting.
- Additionally you will be responsible for client and colleague liaison in relation to your projects, as well as contributing to company Standard Operating Procedures.
- We envisage you will have a higher level qualification such as Masters or PhD in a relevant field of chemistry or pharmaceuticals, along with a wide ranging expertise in the pharmaceutical industry.
- Small molecule pre formulation and drug development across a range of delivery routes (oral, parenteral, inhalation).
- Ability to develop formulation strategies.
On this occasion LiCa Scientific Ltd is acting as an employment agency.