We are hiring for a synthetic organic chemist to solve chemical synthesis problems, produce new target molecules and scale up fine chemicals for a contract research/manufacturing organisation.
What you’ll do
This position will:
- Carry out complex chemical syntheses using a wide range of techniques maintaining the highest levels of health and safety. Mainly medicinal chemistry.
- Utilise your scientific expertise and chemical databases to generate solutions to problems
- Complete written reports to a high standard
- Communicate professionally with internal and external customers
You will be working on synthetic organic chemistry projects related to discovery chemistry at small scale to research how to make new drug / medicine products, or scaling up chemistry to take this from the bench to a larger scale i.e. milligram to kilogram scale synthesis.
This role will liaise closely with other team members and receive direction on problem solving and identifying the best reaction routes, with the greater goal being delivery of chemistries to clients within the timelines committed to for the project.
As above, we are looking for a medicinal chemist and this can be straight from a PhD or from for example an MChem and a year or two of experience in the same field.
- BSc/MChem in chemistry with minimum of one year’s industrial experience in organic synthesis
- PhD in organic chemistry (or related) advantageous
- Demonstrate an innovative approach to problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work to deadlines in a pro-active way
- Ability to work as part of team, keeping the customer at the forefront of work always
- High level of self-motivation
Please email email@example.com with any informal questions you may have ahead of application, you can apply via registering on the website or logging in with LinkedIn, and we’ll also keep you posted on similar roles which arise via our update email each Wednesday. On this occasion LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.