Synthetic Organic Chemist
Salary £23,000 to £32,000 (depending on experience)
Our client is a rapidly expanding chemistry Contract Research Organisation (CRO) based in Cheshire at Alderley Park. They are looking for Synthetic Organic Chemists to join the growing contract research and medicinal chemistry teams.
What you’ll do:
You will be working on a variety of chemistry at our client, Being a CRO, by nature the work will be varied and bespoke to each client. The main duties will be:
- Custom synthesis projects on small, kilo, lab scale and up to 20 litre scale
- Full Time Equivalent (FTE) Projects – synthesising compound libraries for testing in medicinal chemistry lead identification / lead optimisation programmes
- Synthesis and working with highly potent active pharmaceutical ingredients (API)
You will work closely with the team of experienced contract synthesis and research chemistry teams and have direct interaction with customers to deliver the levels of technical excellent and customer service that the company prides itself on.
Within our client’s labs, there is high quality analytical and synthesis chemistry facilities, to produce gram to kilogram scale chemistry, and in addition there are open-access analytical resources on Alderley Park.
They have a dedicated High Potency Laboratory facility which also offers synthesis of opioids, hormones, prostaglandins and cytotoxic oncology small molecule associated with Antibody Drug Conjugates (ADCs).
You will have previous experience of practical organic chemistry and in general terms be qualified via education and experience to do the above role.
- Educated to BSc/MChem
- Qualified in chemistry-based subject to PhD is desirable
- Experience in pharmaceuticals, life science or agrochemicals
- Additional experience in medicinal chemistry drug design or synthesis of high potency small molecules in advantageous
On this occasion, LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment business.