Synthetic Chemist II
Based in Newbury, Berkshire
We are currently working with a company based in Newbury who are a global supplier of chemicals to a wide range of industries including pharmaceutical, life sciences and diagnostic sectors. They specialize in the production of carbohydrates, nulceosides, enzyme substrates and biochemicals.
What You’ll Do:
- Design and develop chemistry for custom synthesis products and catalogue products
- Carry out and accurately record characterization and data analysis
- Work efficiently in the laboratory to meet deadlines
- Prepare written reports for internal and external use
- Perform all laboratory work in a safe manner and comply with all regulations and adhere to company policy
- Share basic maintenance and housekeeping duties of laboratory equipment and chemistry laboratory areas
- Organic chemistry graduate or equivalent with 5 years laboratory experience.
- A working knowledge of a wide range of organic synthesis techniques
- A strong mechanistic understanding of organic chemistry
- Self motivated, proactive and well organised
- Able to work well as part of team
- Able to communicate well both verbally and in writing
Our client offers a competitive package including flexible working, cycle to work scheme and annual bonuses paid at the companies discretion.
On this occasion LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment business