We are currently recruiting for a Synthetic Chemist to work within an expanding Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients team. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of pharmaceutical projects covering a range of synthetic organic chemistry.
What you’ll do:
- Plan, perform and manage chemical syntheses in accordance with regulatory and company procedures.
- Conduct route development and/or technology transfer studies in support of a range of scales. Taking into account scalability, safety and cost of goods for the proposed route.
- Prepare cost estimates and client proposals in collaboration with Business Development.
- Act as a Project Manager for syntheses as assigned and function as a point of contact for clients, providing periodic updates, reports and archiving.
- Perform in-process analytical testing where relevant and/or ensure that analytical, microbiological (where relevant) and materials science/spectroscopic testing needs are discussed and agreed with the onsite analytical team.
- Ensure, where required, that laboratory work and associated documentation complies with GMP or other regulatory requirements, internal policies/procedures and client requirements.
- Support manufacturing operations with shift cover as required.
The successful candidate will be hold a PhD in synthetic organic chemistry and have a minimum of one year’s experience in a Fine Chemical / Pharmaceutical / CMO background. Experience of scale up manufacture to 20 L would be an advantage, as would experience of GMP operations. You should be able to demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral, and must be self-motivated. A high level of personal integrity and commitment is essential, as is a flexible approach to new work challenges.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for informal enquiries ahead of application please call 0161 443 4173 on this occasion, LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.