We are working with a mid scale company in the Reading area, involved in GMP Manufacturing, Custom Synthesis, Large Scale Manufacturing and Contract Development and Manufacturing. They have a further network of sites in Switzerland and Eastern Europe. They are seeking a Synthesis Chemist.
This role will work on a range of synthetic targets at scales from milligram up to kilogram. You will be working on a variety of different chemistries and techniques, and this is a role which will expand the range of chemistry experience in all but the most diversely experienced chemists.
What you’ll do:
• Design and develop chemistry for custom synthesis projects and catalogue products.
• Carry out and accurately record characterisation and data analysis
• Work efficiently in the laboratory to meet project deadlines.
• Prepare written reports for internal and external use.
• Perform all laboratory work in a safe manner and comply with all regulations, adhere to company policies
• Share basic maintenance and housekeeping duties of laboratory equipment and chemistry laboratory areas
• Graduate in organic chemistry with experience / or PhD chemist ideally with experience.
• Proven record in a wide range of organic synthesis techniques
• A strong mechanistic understanding of synthetic chemistry
• Experience within carbohydrate, nucleoside or related research is an advantage
• Self-motivated, well organised and pro-active learner
• Able to work within a team, communicating confidently both in writing and orally, often under pressure to meet deadlines.
Our client offers a competitive and comprehensive employment package with generous holidays, flexible working, annual salary reviews, annual bonuses, and more.
On this occasion, LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.