Phase Behaviour and Surfactant Scientist
Competitive salary + package + incentives
Manchester / Daresbury
Permanent role, flexible working hours
Our client is revolutionising how we produce key chemical components, of widely used products.
Their chemistry is used in a wide variety of products that use surfactants so they serve a very broad market. The bioproduction of surfactants takes a chemical process which is using less-ecologically friendly processes and components and uses instead natural, locally available, biological ingredients and a fermentation process which is biodegradable. The Carbon and Pollution footprint is made negligeable by doing this.
Their goal in the coming years is to revolutionise on an international footing, how we produce a bulk-chemical. They are seeking a specialist in surfactants and their behaviour.
What you’ll do:
They are seeking a Phase Behaviour specialist who will work the problem of how surfactants behave and ensuring the chemistry acts in the advantageous ways (and not the disadvantageous ones!. Specifically you will be making surfactants form a new phase via formulation and formulation development.
You will be working on Bio Surfactants, Downstream Formulation and Downstream Processing. This will call for a strong understanding of Fermentation Processes (initially at pilot plant level and this will move onto larger scale / production plant level) which can potentially be something you learn as a result of taking this job. i.e. we will be keen to get applications from Surfactant specialists who find Bioproduction a field of interest and will learn in depth about this means of production.
We are seeking highly motivated innovators who want to challenge themselves and others and fit well with our company philosophy, and first and foremost, get things done!
The ideal individual should have:
• Enthusiasm and ability to think creatively and develop new technology.
• Strong mathematical skills and knowledge of calculations useful characterising multiphase processes.
• Exceptional understanding of phase behaviour.
• Excellent laboratory trouble shooting skills.
• Understanding of surfactant behaviour.
• Understanding of formulations.
• Experience operating and/or designing downstream processing.
• Specific knowledge of biosurfactants, in particular glycolipid biosurfactants.
• PhD or similar development experience in process development.
• Expertise and experience with fermentation processes.
On this occasion, LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.