Supplier Quality Officer
Salary up to £40k, dependant on experience + package
We are hiring for a Supplier Quality Officer for our client based in Bristol, part of a multi-national company with a global footprint. They are a leading supplier of innovative high performance life science research reagents and biologically active small molecules with customers throughout the world's pharmaceutical companies, universities and research institutes. The company is currently moving into a more diverse market and as such this is an exciting time to get on board.
What you’ll do:
This Supplier Quality Officer position will support the business European level in the form of Supplier Questionnaires and resolution of issues and will report locally to the EMEA Quality and Compliance Manager. Locally the Supplier Quality Officer will also help establish, implement and maintain the Supplier Quality Systems and Supplier Approval that are currently in their early development. In addition, this role will take responsibility for ongoing management and evaluation of the Customer Supplier Quality and Approval for the EMEA region.
Key responsibilities for the Supplier Quality Officer role:
- Completion of customer Supplier Quality Questionnaires for EMEA region of the business
- Conducting investigations into supplier related complaints for EMEA region of the business
- Implementation and management of Supplier Approval process for Bristol site
- Management of the Approved Supplier List for products from Bristol site
- Conducting audits of suppliers as part of the supplier approval process
- Assisting Supply Chain department with the ongoing evaluation of Suppliers for the products manufactured at the Bristol site
- Conducting Quality approval and release of incoming raw materials
- Key member of the ISO 9001:2015 implementation team for Bristol site
- Participation in the completion of the internal audit schedule as required
- Any other task as required by the business
For the Supplier Quality Officer role:
Minimum requirements for the Supplier Quality Officer role:
- BSc/BA degree in biology, chemistry, biochemistry, bioengineering, or a related life science field
- 3 years’ experience of working within a Supplier Quality function within a Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, Life Science or Biotechnology company
- 2 years’ experience of working within a cGMP environment
- Experience of working to ISO 9001, ISO 13485 or 21CFR part 820.
- Certified lead auditor (ISO 9001, ISO 13485 for example)
Specific competencies for the Supplier Quality Officer role:
- Highly collaborative with effective team-working skills
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills
- Excellent ‘can do’ attitude, including a willingness to contribute to tasks that benefit the wider team
- Ability to perform a wide variety of tasks and multi-task efficiency
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to build strong relationships cross functionally
- Willing to travel when required
To apply for the Supplier Quality Officer role:
Cover notes supporting your application are welcomed. On this occasion LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.
Please email email@example.com with your most up to date CV and a cover letter.
Should you be keen to have an informal conversation ahead of application please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to set this up.