We are recruiting for a Study Director (Chromatography) for a knowledge based and science led business focussed on delivering the expertise and capabilities their clients demand. They are focussed in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, chemical, food, agrochemical and consumer products sectors. They have a national footprint encompassing several sites home to scientists with in depth experience and strong problem solving skills.
What you’ll do:
The site operates to Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) and current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP).
Key responsibilities for the Study Director (Chromatography) role:
- The role of Study Director (Chromatography) involves performing and/or managing method development, validation and testing studies.
- using a range of analytical techniques – predominantly LC, GC and IC with a wide range of detection techniques including MS and MS/MS.
- Studies may be applied to a wide range of test items (substances, compounds, formulations, investigational or commercial products, raw materials) submitted by sponsors from the Life Sciences and broader chemical industries.
- Planning, conduct and reporting of study specific duties.
- Conduct work according to regulatory requirements and current Standard Operation Procedures (SOPs).
- GLP aspect of role involves coordinating a number of studies at one time – scheduling start, perform/manage the practical work and preparing study report ensuring GLP compliance.
For the Study Director Chromatography role:
- BSc or higher in an analytical, chemical or related scientific field with demonstrated, relevant experience.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience of GLP Study Director for regulatory (GLP) studies.
- A minimum of 5 years’ working in a regulated environment.
- Experience in directing studies in accordance with Study Plan, SOPs and regulatory standards (GLP/cGMP).
- An extensive amount of practical experience in developing and validating analytical methods.
- Extensive use of complex analytical instrumentation.
- Extensive knowledge good scientific practice.
- Experience in developing new projects in line with requirements and company standard operating procedures.
- Experiencing in developing new, and building on, existing client and customer relationships whilst promoting the services that the company can offer.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, think and work independently, problem-solve, work in teams and multitask.
- Able to identify and highlight own training needs, and proactively upskill.
- Proactive in your approach to your work.
- The role is subject to probation and training on internal processes.
Salary range for the Study Director Chromatography role is flexible and will be commensurate with skills and experience of successful candidate.
Our client offers a range of learning and development opportunities with structured career progression, in addition pension scheme, healthcare cash plan, retail discount scheme, cycle to work scheme, childcare vouchers, discounted gym membership and local reward and recognition schemes.
To apply for the Study Director Chromatography role:
Cover notes supporting your application are welcomed. On this occasion LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your most up to date CV and a cover letter.
Should you be keen to have an informal conversation ahead of application please email email@example.com and we’ll be happy to set this up.