Job Specification – Specialist Recruitment Consultant
To indicate salary - £25,000 to £30,000 + bonus, pension, flexible working and optional benefits
Permanent, full time role with significant prospects
The successful applicant will be responsible for developing LiCa Scientific‘s position in the market. The role exists to:
- Expand our billing client number
- Grow our number of placements made in key markets
- Improve our brand
- Grow our presence as a result of the above activities
As a 4 year old company, well established in the UK and Europe, there is a lot of support we can offer in terms of market access, for example marketing materials, travel budget, contacts throughout Industry and Government, and (we feel) a strong reputation to help elevate things. We require someone to be continuing this journey with activities that we envisage will significantly elevate our business.
The role holder will be responsible for:
- Building relationships with companies matching the client profiles that LiCa Scientific wishes to work with.
- Developing and influencing key decision makers at these clients, understanding their needs and making LiCa Scientific available to their hiring activities.
- Meeting prospective clients at pre booked meetings, networking events, awards dinners, conferences, trade missions, and other opportunities to visibly promote LiCa Scientific.
- Meet minimum targets for external meetings and maintaining a generally strong visibility in the market.
- Negotiation of terms in line with guidelines, selecting Preferred Supplier Lists to bid for and submitting bids. Maintaining bid-tracks to ensure we are aware of and have the time resource allocated appropriately to corporate PSL bids.
- Recruitment of candidates for existing and new client companies, in line with market needs. For example main areas of difficulty in their attracting candidates and hiring.
- Build and maintain links with academic networks. Specifically Universities local to key regions of business for LiCa Scientific i.e. North West, North East, Wales and the South West. Identifying and taking up opportunities to attend careers fairs, public speaking, and provide advice to students on CV writing, market access, interview skills.
- Working on defined roles as requested by clients, selecting, interviewing and submitting high quality CV’s in line with LiCa Scientifics’ quality standards.
- Handling interview requests and subsequent offers, again in line with LiCa Scientific’s quality standards.
- Conducting themselves professionally at all times in line with LiCa Scientific’s standards of work and producing work in line with targets and deadlines as agreed with line management.
- Meet / regularly surpass minimum market contact guidelines in order to feed into the pipeline of work leading to at least meeting agreed targets
The qualification and experience required to be considered are:
- BSc / equivalent or higher in a scientific subject preferably Chemistry or a closely related area
- Several years experience of recruitment in the sciences, ideally in the pharmaceutical or fine-chemical market
- Pre existing network and understanding of companies, candidates and market nuances associated with recruitment in the chemical fields.
- Professional qualification in recruitment or HR management (i.e. Certificate in Recruitment Practice, Internal Certification, CPD course in the same) or otherwise able to demonstrate knowledge of the laws and best-practice pertaining to a professional recruitment role.
We are seeking an individual who will bring a professional and outgoing approach to promoting our business.
You will have gravitas and be confident in holding conversations with a range of new people, and communicating at all levels up to boardroom.
We are keen to recruit someone who shares our passion for professional delivery, high levels of both personal and business integrity and a clear sense of their accountability towards achieving results.
Most of all, you will value your effectiveness and be keen to elevate your value to the market you are serving - which LiCa Scientific will be committed to supporting you with.
Our Culture and Story:
LiCa Scientific was established in 2016 and quickly established itself as a key supplier to clients for their chemistry staff. We are all ex-scientists and the company was founded to provide a fantastic service level, and much needed reliable delivery in this market, but also to give us the work:life balance required.
While we are made up of people with busy lives outside of work, this does not take anything from out mode as a very ambitious business. This is reflected in our regularly working Internationally, invitations to UK Government Trade Missions in Europe and the USA, exhibited or attended prestigious conferences. As well as the frontline staffing, our advice is regularly sought from Universities, the wider Chemical/Pharma industry and one of the World’s leading Management Consultancies.
As the Director/Founder, I take pride in the simple fact that this is a good company, built on good values and providing an outstanding service.
LiCa Scientific, will in the next few years establish itself further in the UK, Europe and the United States.
The bottom line is, for all the above being perhaps impressive in a young business, this would be pointless if it means sacrifices made in wellbeing. We will be pleased to expand on our approach to this, and recognise each person has different needs in regards this and we are fully geared up for 'work:life ballance' while maintaining a strong market position.
We are keen to bring on board someone ambitious, driven, with a winning attitude, who can open more doors for us, and improve our place in this market. But who will also feel right at home in our company culture and feel our way of working to be the 'better way forward' for their career in professional scientific recruitment.
To indicate interest:
If this is appealing, please contact me with your CV / cover email at email@example.com I’m happy to have calls outside of the regular working week to discuss this and look forward to your enquiry. All contact will be treated in strictest confidence.