Senior Scientist (Process Development)
Our client is a specialist in Development and Scale-Up of Pharmaceutical Chemistry who are growing and in need of adding further Chemistry talent to the business. They are based in South Wales in the vicinity of Cardiff and are hiring for a Senior Scientist in Process Development.
What you’ll do:
Your responsibilities will include:
- Applying creative and systematic approaches to chemical process development that leads to safe, environmentally sustainable, robust and scalable synthetic routes.
- Application of digital tools and approaches to deliver fast and efficient process understanding for our clients.
- Practical project delivery in the laboratory as project and portfolio demands require.
- Delivering chemistry programmes to cost, quality and time demands.
- Liaising with clients at technical meetings, and compiling reports to convey results and offer conclusions.
- Taking personal responsibility for the quality, integrity, communication and delivery of science on your projects, and maintaining strong operational relationships with customers.
Knowledge and Skills
The ideal candidate will have:
- Up to a PhD in chemistry in organic chemistry with broad and rigorous understanding of organic synthesis.
- Backgrounds / PhDs in physical and inorganic chemistry may also be considered, depending on the degree of organic synthesis knowledge and the balance of other skills.
- Relevant industrial experience is an asset but is not essential.
- Practical expertise in the use of synthetic chemistry techniques.
- An appreciation of analytical chemistry, physical organic and/or catalysis would be advantageous.
- Some experience, or a genuine interest, in the development and scale-up of chemical processes to large scale lab and pilot processes.
- Excellent task management and communication skills, and proficiency in the use of appropriate information technology.
- The ability to work both independently and collaboratively to solve demanding problems.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented with a clear personal focus on delivering demanding project objectives.
- Ability to challenge the status quo, approaching challenges with a growth mindset.
- Ability to think creatively and use initiative in approaching complex chemical challenges.
- Good communicator, using written and verbal media; able to advocate and justify personal opinion. Equally comfortable to assimilate differing opinions and work collaboratively.
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn; keen for challenging new experiences and scientific accountability.
- Works well with others as a team player to ensure collective goals are achieved.
- Demonstrates a genuine commitment to the time and effort needed to develop oneself and others.
- Understands customers and uses that insight to provide value.
- Continuously support a culture of continuous improvement, providing regular feedback that enhances team performance.
On this occasion, LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.