Senior Scientist (Crystallisation)
£31,000 to £38,000
Our client is a specialist in Development and Scale-Up of Pharmaceutical Chemistry who are growing and in need of adding further Chemistry talent to the business. They are based in South Wales in the vicinity of Cardiff and are hiring for a Senior Scientist in Crystallisation.
What you’ll do:
Your responsibilities will include:
- Using chemical engineering principles, model-based design of experiments and control approaches to design and optimise crystallisation, isolation and drying operations for pharmaceutical materials.
- Supporting the introduction of workflows and technologies that develop our clients crystallisation capability.
- Use of thermal, spectroscopic, microscopy and particle characterisation methods.
- Practical project delivery in the laboratory as project and portfolio demands require.
- Working effectively across functional boundaries and with our client teams to achieve project needs and share opportunities and challenges.
- Taking personal responsibility for the quality, integrity, communication and delivery of crystallisation science on your projects, and maintaining strong operational relationships with customers.
Knowledge and Skills
The ideal candidate will have:
- Up to a PhD in chemical engineering or chemistry with a technical focus on pharmaceutical crystallisation. Additional industrial or academic experience preferred.
- Have state of the art knowledge of crystallisation methodologies relevant to drug substances.
- Role modelling a high and safe standard of laboratory work whilst simultaneously delivering value to multiple projects.
- Familiarity with process analytical technologies in the context of crystallisation process development is desired.
- Preferably have knowledge of data analytics and data visualisation tools.
- Have good knowledge of applicable standards and an understanding of HSSE.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented with a clear personal focus on delivering demanding project objectives.
- Ability to challenge the status quo, approaching challenges with a growth mindset.
- Ability to think creatively and use initiative in approaching complex chemical challenges.
- Good communicator, using written and verbal media; able to advocate and justify personal opinion. Equally comfortable to assimilate differing opinions and work collaboratively.
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn; keen for challenging new experiences and scientific accountability.
- Works well with others as a team player to ensure collective goals are achieved.
- Demonstrates a genuine commitment to the time and effort needed to develop oneself and others.
- Understands customers and uses that insight to provide value.
- Continuously support a culture of continuous improvement.
On this occasion, LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.