Senior Scientist (Catalysis)
£31,000 to £38,000
Our client is a specialist in Development and Scale-Up of Pharmaceutical Chemistry who are growing and in need of adding further Chemistry talent to the business. They are based in South Wales in the vicinity of Cardiff and are hiring for a Senior Scientist in Catalysis.
What you’ll do:
Applying disciplinary expertise that leads to the incorporation of safe, environmentally sustainable and robust chemocatalytic steps into synthetic routes.
- Using medium and high throughput experimentation to deliver data rich solutions to customers.
- Work with senior staff to apply your technical expertise to raise awareness in, and expertise of, catalytic processes.
- Bringing scientific excellence to the research and development of new processes for our clients.
- Practical project delivery in the laboratory as project and portfolio demands require.
- Recommending new science and technology initiatives that improve ability to provide catalysis solutions to clients.
- Taking personal responsibility for the quality, integrity, communication and delivery of science on your projects, and maintaining strong operational relationships with customers.
Knowledge and Skills
The ideal candidate will have:
- Up to a PhD in chemistry with a technical focus on catalysis and broad knowledge of organic synthesis. Additional industrial or academic experience preferred.
- Have state of the art knowledge of transition metal catalysis and asymmetric hydrogenation.
- Knowledge of heterogeneous catalysis, biocatalysis and predictive modelling would be advantageous.
- Role model a high standard of technical work with ability to simultaneously deliver value to multiple projects.
- Have well developed skills in using design of experiments, automated laboratory technologies and kinetics to solve demanding problems in catalysis.
- Have well developed data management and visualisation skills.
- Have good knowledge of applicable standards and an understanding of HSSE.
- Self-motivated and results-oriented with a clear personal focus on delivering demanding project objectives.
- Ability to challenge the status quo, approaching challenges with a growth mindset.
- Ability to think creatively and use initiative in approaching complex chemical challenges.
- Good communicator, using written and verbal media; able to advocate and justify personal opinion. Equally comfortable to assimilate differing opinions and work collaboratively.
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn; keen for challenging new experiences and scientific accountability.
- Works well with others as a team player to ensure collective goals are achieved.
- Demonstrates a genuine commitment to the time and effort needed to develop oneself and others.
- Understands customers and uses that insight to provide value.
- Continuously support a culture of continuous improvement, providing regular feedback that enhances team performance.
On this occasion, LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.