Senior Quality Control Chemist
Reading area / West Berkshire
We are working with a mid-scale company in the Reading area, involved in GMP Manufacturing, Custom Synthesis, Large Scale Manufacturing and Contract Development and Manufacturing. They have a further network of sites in Switzerland and Eastern Europe. They are looking for an experienced analytical chemist to carry out a range of routine QC analysis and run laboratory projects to develop and validate methods.
What you’ll do:
- Carry out routine QC analysis and record analytical results
- Help with method development for new products
- Review method improvement for existing products when required
- Carry out method validation to meet specific customer requirements
- Line management responsibility for junior staff
- Report approval
- BSc or Higher Degree in chemistry, analytical chemistry or biochemistry
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an analytical chemistry laboratory
- Experience in the use of HPLC and UPLC and titration
- Experience in the use of other analytical techniques including NMR, IR, KF, SOR and MP would be an advantage but not essential
- Experience in the preparation of appropriate supporting documentation
- Proven experience in method development and validation
- Strong problem solving skills
- Good understanding of laboratory housekeeping and safety practices
- Excellent time management and planning skills
- Good supportive team-work is essential
Our client offers a competitive and comprehensive employment package with generous holidays, flexible working, annual salary reviews, annual bonuses, and more.
On this occasion, LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.