We are hiring for a Senior Product Specialist for our client based in Bristol to join their Product Management Innovation team. Our client area world-leading developer and manufacturer of high-quality biological reagents and part of a multi-national company with a global footprint. The company is currently moving into a more diverse market and as such this is an exciting time to get on board with their newly formed innovation team.
Role: Senior Product Specialist or Product Manager – (depending on experience)
Salary to c£38,000
What you’ll do:
This role will involve aspects of Product Management, Marketing and Business Development. You’ll be the subject matter expert for new products in development for the brand. As a Product Specialist you will have the interest, initiative and intellectual ability to read around new relevant scientific research areas in order to recommend new products to add to the company’s existing product portfolio. You’ll contribute to building commercial cases for new recommended products and be able to communicate at all levels internally and externally to customers and academic research groups.
Key responsibilities for the Senior Product Specialist role:
- Identify, recommend and develop new products for the company catalogue with a focus on innovation product areas.
- Assist with management of the existing innovation product portfolio, taking ownership for specific areas with the support of the Innovation Manager.
- Initiate and maintain relationships with academic and industrial groups to obtain new products, licences and information of value.
- Regularly engage with researchers and customers to collect feedback that can be translated into actionable marketing strategies and new product ideas.
- Provide input into marketing campaigns and strategy for the successful commercialisation of innovation products.
- Monitor and evaluate competitors, the marketplace and the company’s competitive position.
- Attend tradeshows and conferences for intelligence gathering and promotional purposes.
- Literature searches/reading journals to stay aware of current and potential future developments.
For the Senior Product Specialist role:
Requirements for the Senior Product Specialist role:
- Minimum graduate-level knowledge of chemistry and life sciences with several years’ basic research or relevant commercial experience. MSc or PhD is an advantage.
- Commercial & scientific acumen and the ability to prepare project proposals and reports.
- Experience of using own initiative and needing minimal supervision.
- General business skills such as negotiation, strong organizational skills, problem solving and fact-based decision making.
- Strong interpersonal interaction skills and a collaborative approach to working with colleagues.
- Highly motivated with demonstrative interpersonal, presentation & organizational skills.
- Possess excellent IT skills; including experience of working with databases, Office Outlook, Excel and Word.
Salary range for the Senior Product Specialist role is flexible and will be commensurate with skills and experience of successful candidate.
To apply for the Senior Product Specialist role:
Cover notes supporting your application are welcomed. On this occasion LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your most up to date CV and a cover letter.
Should you be keen to have an informal conversation ahead of application please email email@example.com and we’ll be happy to set this up.