Senior Process Development Chemist
Based in Alnwick
Salary up to £40000
We are currently working with a contract research and manufacturing organization based in Alnwick who are looking for an experienced process development chemist to join their growing drug development team.
What You’ll Do:
- Act as a Project Manager for new and ongoing projects, prepare cost estimates and client proposals where necessary.
- Design, plan and perform syntheses and purifications of various chemical entities within agreed time frames.
- Scale up projects from milligram to tens of kilo scale depending on the clients individual requirements.
- Work to high health and safety standards.
- Produce, review and approve GMP compliant batch synthesis instructions and other required documentation.
Who You’ll Be:
- A PhD level chemist with at least five years of industrial experience.
- Have a working knowledge of a wide range of organic synthetic routes.
- Previous experience in scaling up projects from the milligram scale to kilo scale.
- Excellent communication skills both orally and written.
- Prior project management experience would be advantageous but not essential.
The successful candidate will be an experienced process chemist who has the vision and drive to push projects forward. Our client offers a competitive salary with excellent training and development.
On this occasion LiCa Scientific is acting as an Employment Agency