Senior Pharmaceutical Development Scientist
We are looking to recruit a Senior Pharmaceutical Development Scientist for an innovative pharmaceutical manufacturing company in South Wales on a permanent basis.
The successful candidate will lead a small team of scientists and manage multiple complex pharmaceutical development, transfer and scale up projects. They will provide technical expertise in pharmaceutical development, transfer and scale up over a range of dosage forms.
What you’ll do:
- Lead multiple complex pharmaceutical development, technical transfer and scale up projects
- Review and generate manufacturing batch records for development, technical transfer, scale up and validation in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practice (cGMP)
- Analyse and interpret complex data sets, including Design of Experiments (DOE) results using statistical tools including JMP, Minitab and Design Expert
- Lead complex deviation investigations using Root Cause Analysis (RCA) and support (Corrective and Preventative Action) CAPA implementation
- Communicating effectively with internal and external customers and participate with them in problem solving and continuous improvement activities
- Be responsible for progressing and assisting in the technical aspects of manufacturing process validation exercises, including the generation of Quality Risk Management (QRM)/Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) and identification of Critical Quality Attributes (CQAs) and Certificate of Pharmaceutical Products (CPPs)
- Advise and support CAPEX and/or improvement activities in the manufacturing area required to support client projects
- Manage performance of direct reports, and process all HR and departmental documentation including sickness related documents, absence request forms, staff appraisals including 1:1s probationary reviews and PMRs, PDPs and disciplinary procedures in line with company requirements
The ideal candidate will have a higher degree in a suitable scientific discipline and/or equivalent experience. This role requires extensive experience in a pharmaceutical development and manufacturing environment, ideally in Oral Solid Dosage (OSD), potent molecules and other dosage forms. Technical transfer and scale up or manufacturing process including process validation experience/support.
On this occasion, LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency