Senior Manufacturing Technician
Temporary Ongoing (2 requried)
Our client is a Global Organisation that do challenging work, should you work here, will be joining a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With the largest investment in R&D in the industry, they give their people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
They are seeking a Senior Manufacturing Technician at their Warrington site – here is what you will do if you join in this role, and we look forward to your application:
• Formulation of product. Depending on product type, there may be a requirement to formulate in a clean-room environment wearing appropriate personal protective equipment.
• May be required to perform quality control testing of intermediates and finished goods. Records test results on work orders and may, depending on product type, either: 1) self-approve and release materials on QA and manufacturing systems, or 2) recommend release status to manager and, after review by manager, release materials on QA and manufacturing systems.
• Cleans and sanitises laboratory equipment. Calibrates basic laboratory instruments and is responsible for ensuring calibration is performed on time by monitoring and updating the calibration schedule for equipment in a designated area.
• Leads process development improvement projects and contributes towards the resolution of quality issues.
• Maintains laboratory housekeeping standards and consumable supplies.
• May be required to train others, once trained, to the appropriate level in a particular operation
• Responsible for supporting and complying with Company safety and hazardous waste management program, including following safe hazardous waste handling and good housekeeping. Ensures and maintains clean, orderly and safe laboratory work areas. Safety equipment and special precautions are required when working in the manufacturing/laboratory areas.
• BSc in a related field such as molecular biology/biochemistry or Forensics. Experience in a production environment is preferred, but not essential. Excellent computer skills proficient in Microsoft software application use. Ability to follow written and verbal instructions, meet targets and complete necessary paperwork. Good manual dexterity. Ability to work well in teams.
• Experience in manufacturing in a clean room production environment preferred, but not essential. Flexible approach to work with possible change of duties at short notice. Requires the use of office equipment, including operating a computer terminal through out the day and involvement in continuous improvement opportunities.
• Experience using Microsoft Office packages at an intermediate level.
On this occasion, LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.