We are recruiting for a Senior LC-MS/MS Analyst to join our client in Manchester on a permanent basis.
Our client is a contract analytical laboratory specialising in problem solving and analytical development with Mass Spectrometry. They have an extensive range of chromatographic and mass spectrometric instrumentation and require a Senior LC-MS/MS Analyst to join the team, this is not a high through-put laboratory but a more specialised problem solving, highly technical environment.
Our client has a global reputation for specialised mass spectrometry and works with large multinational organisations on their analytical chemistry requirements. In recent years they have seen growth with their successes which is continuing in 2019.
As a Senior LC-MS/MS Analyst you’ll run sample analysis on various mass spectrometry instruments within the laboratory. You’ll have a good understanding of these instruments - not only how to set-up the instruments to run samples but an understanding of how the instruments work, ensuring capability for method development, optimisation and trouble-shooting when required.
What you’ll do:
- Sample analysis using various liquid mass spectrometry instruments – including QToF, LC-MS, LC-MS/MS
- Maintenance and trouble-shooting of instruments when required
- You’ll work closely with other team members to ensure projects run smoothly, identifying and reporting any issues where necessary
- You’ll maintain accurate records to a high standard with good attention to detail
Essential requirements for the Senior LC-MS/MS Analyst:
- Experience within a commercial laboratory setting is essential to fulfil this role
- Experience with QToF/accurate mass spectrometry instrumentation
- Degree in Chemistry (or science related) or substantial experience in a similar role
- You’ll have a good understanding of mass spectrometry instrumentation – how they work, how to develop/optimise methods and trouble shoot the instruments when required
Desirable attributes for the Senior LC-MS/MS Analyst:
- Experience working within ISO 17025, cGMP or GLP regulations would be beneficial
- Experience using Waters QToF/LC-MS/MS instrumentation and software would be beneficial
The package for Senior LC-MS/MS Analyst is as follows:
Salary: c£30,000, negotiable depending on experience, with generous Quarterly and Annual bonus opportunities, a good% contribution pension and 24(+8 bank) holidays a year.
On this occasion LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.
LC-MS/MS / QToF / Accurate Mass / Liquid Chromatography Mass Spectrometry / Waters