Senior Graphics Engineer
Permanent job opportunity
We are working with a fast-growing Manchester based gaming company, who have worked on some of the most recognised titles for PS4, Xbox and Nintendo Switch. They are an ambitious business, in significant demand, that has an urgent need to grow their team in order to increase their capacity in line with market demand.
They are seeking a senior-level Graphics Engineer to take ownership of the engineering side, of rendering a AAA title.
This role is a permanent role attracting an excellent salary, with significant prospects for the individual as our client is expecting to grow in the several-tens of headcount in the coming year. In order to do this, they need to get the best talent coming into their business and this is hopefully where you will come in. This provides a significant opportunity for progression and professional development.
What you’ll do:
- Take ownership of the engineering side of the rendering of a AAA title, that means framerate, delivering visual aesthetic, smoothing out glitches and errors related to any part of the graphics pipeline
- Work directly with the art & level design team to push the engine to it’s limits while maintaining framerate
- Innovate creative tools and processes, and maintaining existing core technologies
- Write clear, maintainable, portable, and highly functional code
- Mentor and guide less experienced programmers as needed..
- Study latest papers in the field and disseminate information to the rest of the team.
- UE4 Rendering and Graphics Expert
- C++ experience (5+ years)
- Experience in real-time game content pipeline and tools
- Strong graphics programming skills, background in rendering & shader algorithms, linear algebra, trigonometry & calculus
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to debug, profile, and analyze profiling data and perform GPU optimization.
- Proficient with writing vertex, pixel, and compute shaders using HLSL or equivalent.
- DirectX 12 experience - bindless textures etc.
- Experience with HDR, PBR, and both forward+ & deferred rendering
- Bachelors or higher degree in Computer Science or related Technical Degree
- Experience with multi-threading and optimization
· Cg, MEL, Python, GLSL and/or C#
· DirectCompute, DirectX Raytracing
· Familiar with node-based material graphs
· Experience developing for a wide range of PC hardware and console platforms
We are seeking a driven individual who will operate proactively in a fast-growing small business environment, with a lot of activities needing covering and new challenges emerging regularly.
On this occasion, LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.