Senior GMP Chemist
We are looking to recruit a productive manufacturing-based chemist to work in our client’s state-of-the-art laboratory in the High Peak area. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate consistent application of knowledge of scale up and GMP to support their laboratory work and, on occasion, the work of others.
They will record their work to a high standard and be able to complete tasks independently, whilst solving more complex problems. Good knowledge of health and safety and GMP guidelines are essential for this job, as is effective communication between members of the team and customers, alike.
What you’ll do:
- Monitor reactions effectively using the most appropriate method and interpret all analytical data accurately, identifying unexpected products.
- Complete GMP records in accordance with procedure and specific customer requirements, recording sufficient, accurate and clear information.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the Company’s policies, procedures and legal obligations regarding Health, Safety and the Environment and challenge anyone who is not following GMP procedures.
- Demonstrate good technique for reaction design, set up, analysis and work up. Independently select most appropriate purification technique and is able to use all methods competently. May be required to provide experimental guidance to more junior colleagues.
- Demonstrate good understanding of scale up chemistry and identify and suggest solutions to more complex problems -including contingency plans. Should be proficient in carrying out advanced searches using the available scientific databases.
- Independently plan your day/week and create effective milestone plans, considering urgency and cost, handling multiple projects, while maintaining focus on higher priority targets. Proactively identify where issues may arise and show flexibility when work plans/priorities change.
- Protect the intellectual property of the company and customer at all times and take responsibility for meeting customer requirements.
- Conduct all communication in a professional and positive manner, proactively providing updates to manager. Communicates proactively in meetings, listens to the opinions of others and responds positively to feedback.
- Progress all tasks with the appropriate sense of urgency and assist with routine admin tasks.
The successful candidate will have either a PhD in organic or medicinal chemistry or a BSc/MSc in chemistry with clear, demonstrable and relevant laboratory experience. They will demonstrate an innovative approach to problem solving, display excellent team working and have exceptional written and verbal communication skills. They will have the ability to work to deadlines, with a high level of self-motivation.
Our client offers a range of learning and development opportunities depending on the role, with all employees having access to a range of internally delivered training modules as standard. In addition to a competitive salary, they offer as a minimum: Pension scheme, Share Incentive Scheme, Healthcare Cash Plan, Retail Discount scheme and Cycle to Work scheme.
On this occasion, LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency