Senior Development Scientist
Salary: £50,000+ (based on profile / experience)
Benefits: Healthcare, Pension and more
We are working with a biotechnology company whose mission is to lower the risk associated with key decisions in drug development, by providing validated cell-based assay solutions.
They are operating in the contract research market for the development of assays, which leads them to require an individual experienced in taking various cell-based assays through to full validation and ‘industrial’ production. This will take cutting edge innovation from bench scale to a scale where companies can order this biotechnology as required for their own activities.
This will mean putting in place production processes to get their cell-based product safely to clients, clearly with it working perfectly upon arrival! This is a living product composed of live cells, factors like scale-up, and logistics always come with inherent difficulties which the incumbent will work to overcome.
- Must have developed assays to industrial standards of validation and performance
- Customer focus and interaction
- Mentoring skills at minimum
- PhD/ MSc
- 4+ years’ industry experience
- Experience of developing in vitro assays
- Prior experience of mammalian tissue culture
- CRO / CMO Background
- Prior experience of working to GLP and SOP’s
- Work with Stem Cells, specifically iPSC’s
- Managed and trained laboratory-based staff
You will have strong communication skills, be an experience manager of staff and resources, and bring an innovative mind set.
On this occasion, LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.