Scientific Recruitment Consultant
The successful applicant will be responsible for developing LiCa Scientific‘s position in the market.
As a 5 year old company, we are established in the UK and Europe and working with some of the worlds leading brands in our fields. We are seeking someone who can help us to grow on from this position.
What you’ll do:
This role will involve both providing clients with the LiCa Scientific service level they know us for, and also strategically expanding our business.
You will both expertly recruit for chemistry opportunities and also carry-on business development activities in line with our growth strategy.
Our business principally operates in Analytical, Commercial, Formulation Production and Synthesis Chemistry staffing. You will be responsible for:
- Building and continuing relationships with clients. You will take on activities in some of our Accounts although we are keen to see you grow the portfolio of clients we are working with.
- Developing new client networks, understanding their needs and building understanding on how LiCa Scientific can expertly manage their hiring activities.
- Speaking with prospective clients on phone calls, video calls, when-able at pre booked meetings, networking events, awards dinners, conferences, trade missions, and pursuing opportunities to promote LiCa Scientific.
- Maintaining a strong visibility in the market via networking, phone/video contact, physical marketing etc building your own personal brand in this field.
- Negotiation of terms, identifying Corporate Supplier Lists to bid for and submitting bids.
- Identifying new opportunities for LiCa Scientific to pursue and helping drive the company growth.
- Recruitment of candidates for existing and new client companies, in line with market needs.
- Build and maintain links with academic networks to both recruit scientists and also help-out new graduates with market access. Specifically, we engage strongly here with Universities we want you to be identifying and taking up opportunities to attend careers fairs, public speaking, and provide advice to students on CV writing, market access, interview skills. We are very passionate about helping people who find this market difficult to access and turning this around!
- Working on defined roles as requested by clients, selecting, interviewing and submitting high quality CV’s in line with LiCa Scientifics’ quality standards.
- Handling interview requests and subsequent offers, again in line with LiCa Scientific’s quality standards.
- In time – recruit staff into your own team and grow your area of LiCa Scientific. We are keen to see consultants develop into a leadership function.
The qualification and experience required to be considered are:
- BSc / equivalent or higher in a scientific subject preferably Chemistry or a closely related area.
- Experience is not essential. While ideally several years experience of recruitment in the sciences would be great, early in your time here you will complete the Certificate in Recruitment Practice with the REC (CertRP) as well as other business coaching so we can look to train someone from scratch. If you have this already we’ll put you on the next qualification up.
- There is scope to bring on board someone who has either zero recruitment experience or many years of recruitment experience. We are open minded on backgrounds. We are recruiting for a person more than a job however you must if you apply from zero experience convince us of your skills and attributes via CV, cover letter, phoning us etc.
- As well as degree level knowledge it’s mainly essential that you want to do this job as brilliantly as possible and have a strong ambition. We can build from there.
Our Culture and Story:
- LiCa Scientific was established in 2016, and quickly established itself as a key supplier to clients for their chemistry staff. We work with some of the worlds largest businesses and are a critical supplier to many.
- We are all ex-scientists and the company was founded to provide a fantastic service level, and much needed reliable delivery in this market, fantastic candidate experience, and to give the team the work:life balance to ensure we constantly have the energy levels and drive to keep doing this perpetually.
- We are made up of people with busy lives outside of work who also are ambitious and take advantage of being able to fit work around life. To give an example it is rare to see me as the boss in before 10am and even rarer to see me after 4pm due to school runs etc and I’m happy for people to work their job around their life as long as the job is done. Happy teams perform better, and this team you are potentially joining performs fantastically and enjoys flexibility.
- This doesn’t make us less successful, we simply have systems and methods that are efficient and invest heavily in these.
- Our offices are also based in a business centre driving entrepreneurship in South Manchester. In the coming years we plan European and USA expansion.
- Everything about working here is just ‘the best I can make it’. The equipment you use, office environment you are in, opportunities you have, training you receive. I’m a believer for every £1 I spend on making ‘stuff better’ I get several back.
To indicate interest:
If this is appealing, please contact me directly with your CV / cover email at email@example.com I’m happy to have calls outside of the regular working week to discuss this, evenings and weekends are fine and I look forward to your enquiry. I will conduct most of the initial interviews over the phone and then in a COVID-safe manner on site.
All contact will be treated in strictest confidence.