Scientific Recruitment Consultant
The successful applicant will be responsible for developing LiCa Scientific‘s position in the market.
As a 5 year old company, we are relatively established in the UK and Europe and working with some of the worlds leading brands in our fields. We are seeking someone who can help us to grow on from this position.
What you’ll do:
This role will involve both providing clients with the LiCa Scientific service level they know us for, and also strategically expanding our business. You will both expertly recruit for chemistry opportunities and also carry-on business development activities in line with our growth strategy. Our business principally operates in Analytical, Formulation Production and Synthesis Chemistry staffing. You will be responsible for:
- Building and continuing relationships with clients. You will take on activities in some of our Accounts although we are keen to see you grow the portfolio of clients we are working with.
- Developing new client networks, understanding their needs and building understanding on how LiCa Scientific can expertly manage their hiring activities.
- Speaking with prospective clients on phone calls, at pre booked meetings, networking events, awards dinners, conferences, trade missions, and pursuing opportunities to promote LiCa Scientific.
- Maintaining a strong visibility in the market via networking, phone/video contact, physical marketing etc building your own personal brand in this field.
- Negotiation of terms, identifying Corporate Supplier Lists to bid for and submitting bids.
- Recruitment of candidates for existing and new client companies, in line with market needs.
- Build and maintain links with academic networks to both recruit scientists and also help-out new graduates with market access. Specifically, we engage strongly here with Universities we want you to be identifying and taking up opportunities to attend careers fairs, public speaking, and provide advice to students on CV writing, market access, interview skills.
- Working on defined roles as requested by clients, selecting, interviewing and submitting high quality CV’s in line with LiCa Scientifics’ quality standards.
- Handling interview requests and subsequent offers, again in line with LiCa Scientific’s quality standards.
- Conducting yourself professionally at all times in line with LiCa Scientific’s standards of work and producing work in line with targets and deadlines.
- In time – recruit staff into your own team and grow your area of LiCa Scientific. We are keen to see consultants develop into a leadership function.
The qualification and experience required to be considered are:
- BSc / equivalent or higher in a scientific subject preferably Chemistry or a closely related area.
- Experience is not essential. While ideally several years experience of recruitment in the sciences would be great, early in your time here you will complete the Diploma in Recruitment Practice with the REC (DipRP) as well as other business coaching so we can look to train someone from scratch.
- There is scope to bring on board someone who has either zero recruitment experience or many years of recruitment experience. We are open minded on backgrounds.
- As well as degree level knowledge it’s mainly essential that you want to do this job as brilliantly as possible and have a strong ambition. We can build from there.
Our Culture and Story:
LiCa Scientific was established in 2016, and quickly established itself as a key supplier to clients for their chemistry staff. We are all ex-scientists and the company was founded to provide a fantastic service level, and much needed reliable delivery in this market, but also to give us the work:life balance required.
While we are made up of people with busy lives outside of work, this does not take anything from our mode as a very ambitious business. This is reflected in our regularly working Internationally pre-COVID, invitations to UK Government Trade Missions in Europe and the USA, exhibiting or attending conferences globally etc (when possible). Fundamentally we do not stand still here and this is a busy place to be.
You will not be joining a ‘small company’ in terms of its mindset, abilities or activities although like any small business we can offer the flexibility and culture of low formality and strong work:life balance, for example home working, flexible start and finish times and generally a culture of trust. Our offices are also based in a business centre driving entrepreneurship in South Manchester.
To indicate interest:
If this is appealing, please contact me directly with your CV / cover email at firstname.lastname@example.org I’m happy to have calls outside of the regular working week to discuss this, evenings and weekends are fine and I look forward to your enquiry.
All contact will be treated in strictest confidence.