Research and Development Scientist
To £50,000 + bonus + package
We are working with a Manchester based client with a global reputation in Contract Analytical services. They have a 20-year experience in the field and deliver a highly responsive, customer focussed and high quality analytical service to their clients. They have made significant investments in the business and a fantastic facility housing their chromatography laboratories where this role will be based.
What you’ll do:
- Sample preparation development to allow trace analysis from the wide variety of sample matrices
- Automation of sample preparation techniques for both High Performance Liquid Chromatography – Mass Spectrometry HPLC(MS) and Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometry GC(MS) analysis, working with external partners to develop these solutions and then embedding into our practice
- Development and validation of qualitative, semi-quantitative and quantitative HPLC(MS) and GC(MS) methods to GMP standards
- Development of increasingly sophisticated software and database approaches to allow cross-correlation of data between analytical techniques and support comprehensive material characterisation and identification of unknowns
- Support technical staff with non-routine projects
- Support technical staff through problem solving in HPLC(MS) and GC(MS) methods
- Research new analytical techniques/methodologies to support new and existing customers
- Perform experimental studies which increase Hall Analytical’s knowledge space within extractables and leachables (E&L) and electronic nicotine delivery systems (ENDS).
- Develop experimental studies which can be delivered as presentations, whitepapers and marketing materials to help support our global thought leadership position in key application areas
- Support investigations in quality improvement where advanced technical input is required
- Communicate with customers to understand their needs and provide required expertise and support
- Qualified to at least BSc degree in Analytical Chemistry or similar discipline
- Experience in developing sample preparation methods (SPE / SPME / DLLME etc.)
- Experienced in HPLC and/or GC analysis with Mass Spectrometric Detection (including High Resolution MS equipment), (LC-MS / LCMS / LC-MSMS)
- Experience in developing and validating analytical (chromatographic) methods
- Excellent communication and technical writing skills
- Excellent problem solving, time management and multi-tasking skills
Our client offers a wider employment package including pension, private medical insurance, bonus, and above-statutory holidays (24 days plus 8 Bank Holidays).
On this occasion, LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.