Research & Development Lead – Drugs and Toxicology
25 days annual leave, pension , childcare vouchers & some flexible working
We are seeking an R&D Lead in Drugs and Toxicology - to work as part of an enthusiastic and dynamic team as the Technical lead in the project management, development and validation of novel analytical methodology for the drugs and toxicology departments.
What you’ll do:
- Proactively reviews existing analytical methodology and advises on improvements to increase process efficiency.
- Technical lead over quality issues arising from analytical processes.
- Management of your own resources and taking responsibility for your own continued professional development within the analytical sector.
- Extensive experience in the design of method development projects and the implementation of validation/verification studies to the BS EN ISO/IEC 17025:2005 standard.
- Fully conversant with the use of analytical instrumentation (notably LC-MS/MS, GC-MS, HPLC-DAD, GC-HS-FID) and their associated software packages - Analyst/MultiQuant (Sciex), ChemStation/MassHunter (Agilent) and TurboMass (Perkin Elmer).
- Adept at undertaking routine maintenance and troubleshooting on analytical instrumentation as and when required.
- A thorough understanding and working knowledge of international quality standards (e.g. ISO/IEC 17025:2005, ILAC G19) and national/international laboratory guidelines (notably UKIAFT, TIAFT, SOFT, SoHT, SWGTOX/SWGDRUG, UNODC).
- Experience of the use of NMR spectroscopy in drug analysis is desirable.
- Demonstrable experience in a forensic laboratory would be advantageous but is not essential.
- You will have extensive experience of the design and management of method development projects and the management of validation/verification studies.
- A minimum of a degree level qualification in chemistry or related field.
- Several years experience of method development and validation studies, ideally within a forensics laboratory though we will be keen to hear from those experienced in other areas i.e. pharmaceuticals, medical laboratory etc.
On this occasion, LiCa Scientific Ltd is acting as an employment agency.
To apply please send CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org