Raw Material Specialist
Salary competitive, details on request
We have a vacancy for a Raw Material Specialist to join a team within the Manufacturing Engineering department at our client, a global medical devices company in Yorkshire. You will be joining a team engaged with delivering technical and engineering solutions to the business for Manufacturing Processes, Equipment and Facilities in problem solving, innovation and improvement. Develop processes. Validate processes. Identify, manage and implement the technical aspects of raw material changes.
What you’ll do:
The team you’ll be joining monitor and control changes made within manufacturing processes ensuring any impact on performance is trialled, reviewed and reported appropriately. This includes protocol writing, execution of trials and reporting/concluding.
Key responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Ability to take responsibility for and lead several projects simultaneously. Organise, plan, monitor and control the necessary activities to achieve goals.
- Participates in the assessment of feasibility, selection and application of proposed technology initiatives.
- Develops and maintains company standards, processes and requirements for the management of raw material specifications.
- Monitors, reviews and analyses data.
- Actively search for and implement COGS savings.
- Provides guidance, technical leadership, and training to less experienced staff.
- Lead technical investigations and collaborate with cross functional departments in performing root cause analysis to implement process improvements. Participate in CAPA for process related issues.
- Partner with R&D and Operations to ensure effective process development, validation, change control and process control. Generate protocols and reports for development trials, validation and material changes. Execute / co-ordinate as appropriate.
- Provide technical information on appropriate areas to all functions within the business.
- Participates in any and all reasonable work activities as may be deemed suitable and assigned by management.
- Conforms to, supports, and enforces all Company policies and procedures.
- Requires a Bachelor Degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Materials Engineering, Product Design or relevant scientific disciplines.
- Demonstration of appropriate level of knowledge, ability and experience – particularly in project management, technical assessment and process validation.
- Process Excellence qualification or training or knowledge of principles; competency in Six Sigma, practicing Green Belt advantageous.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience within a laboratory with strong preference in medical devices.
- Knowledge of or competency in writing specifications and product safety (ISO 10993) would be of benefit.
We strongly recommend writing a cover letter and tailored CV. We send a lot of web alerts to our network - if you’re reading this on your phone, we’d recommend waiting until you’re next at your PC and writing that high impact application. Don’t hesitate to contact us with any questions.
Interviews will be happening once candidates are identified and involve a short presentation. If offered, you be required to pass a drug-screening medical.
On this occasion, LiCa Scientific Ltd is acting as an employment agency.
Email all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org