We are currently recruiting for a Radiosynthesis Chemist to work within the expanding Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients team at our Alnwick facility. You will have the opportunity to work on a variety of pharmaceutical projects covering a range of synthetic organic chemistry and would receive full training (chemistry and compliance) in the area of radiosynthesis in a world class and globally recognized facility.
What you’ll do:
- Plan, perform and manage chemical syntheses in accordance with regulatory and company procedures.
- Prepare cost estimates and client proposals in collaboration with Business Development.
- Act as a Project Manager for syntheses as assigned and function as a point of contact for clients, providing periodic updates, reports and archiving.
- Perform in-process analytical testing where relevant and/or ensure that analytical, microbiological (where relevant) and materials science/spectroscopic testing needs are discussed and agreed with the onsite analytical team.
- Ensure, where required, that laboratory work and associated documentation complies with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) or other regulatory requirements, internal policies/procedures and client requirements.
The successful candidate will be educated to degree level (or equivalent) in chemistry and have a minimum of one year’s relevant experience in industry, or will have a PhD in synthetic organic chemistry. Experience of radiochemical synthesis would be an advantage, as would experience of GMP operations. You should be able to demonstrate good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral, and must be self-motivated. A high level of personal integrity and commitment is essential, as is a flexible approach to new work challenges.
Please contact email@example.com for informal enquiries ahead of application please call 0161 443 4173 on this occasion, LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.