Quality Control / Quality Engineering Manager
Salary c£55,000 + pension, share scheme, private health and more.
LiCa Scientific is working with a Global Medical Devices company in their search for a Quality Control and Quality Engineering Manager.
What you’ll do:
This is a role which will report to the Director and the specific departments under this roles remit will include:
- Quality Engineering
- Batch Release
- Quality Control
- Supplier Quality
Each department has its own experienced management. Overall a team of about 40 will be reporting into this role directly via this management layer or indirectly by being on one of these teams. You will be responsible for the leadership of these departments in management, coaching, and development of the individual teams.
You will be working in partnership with operations to improve manufacturing processes and control systems, planning, directing and assigning work around the team.
You will manage, monitor and improve key operational processes:
- Goods Receiving/Release
- Process control and routine monitoring
- Product Quality Plans and control strategies
- In-Process and Batch Release inspection/test processes
- Complaint, NCR, CAPA investigation and root cause determinations
- QE&C metrics reporting to internal management and external customers
You will represent Quality Function on key project teams (e.g. new product introduction, product design, materials, packaging and process changes), deputise for other Quality Team Management as required and finally, comply / ensure compliance with site Health and Safety procedures.
We are seeking someone with a track record of achievement in this area, with experience of our client’s market. You must be from a Medical Devices, Pharmaceutical or Life Science area such as Biotechnology to apply to this role.
At the risk of being too granular, ideally you will be worked in or been responsible for areas carrying out clean room manufacture. Again, ideally in the medical devices market however we are definitely open to seeing people from different career paths.
Broadly, you will be an expert in Quality Control and Quality Engineering, accustomed to getting results from others via your leadership and operational experience, with 5+ years experience at management level.
It will be in the role-holders gift to make business cases to the Director for positive improvements to how Quality is managed and get these implemented where agreed upon.
You will be able to show a clear background in quality management including data showing achievements and results in-post. Ideally you will be experienced in a similar scale of operation. Please do focus on this in your CV / cover letter and conversations with us.
- Ability to communicate and co-operate effectively at all levels across different functions.
- Six sigma trained (green or black belt level) – preferably certified
- Good organisational and project management skills, project and team leadership
- Proven problem solving ability
- Able to learn a wide range of technical subjects outside of normal area of expertise
- Strong capability to influence at multiple levels within the organisation
- High level of resilience and enthusiasm required with an ability to problem solve to drive improvement
We anticipate that applicants will have a degree in a scientific field as well as perhaps further qualification in management.
On this occasion, LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.