Quality Assurance Officer
We are looking to recruit a Quality Assurance (QA) officer to join an innovative pharmaceutical manufacturing team based in Deeside on a shift basis (6-2, 2-10) Monday to Friday. A generous shift allowance has been allocated to this role.
The successful candidate will work closely with the production and laboratory teams to provide an essential function within QA.
What you’ll do:
- Perform quality assurance checks during manufacturing, packaging and labelling as set out by the batch document.
- Review and approve executed batch manufacturing records to ensure products have been manufactured compliantly.
- Review and approve environmental monitoring results for the cleanrooms.
- Verify that the correct clean room conditions were achieved during manufacturing operations.
- Provide quality guidance during manufacturing issues and help to define batch record comments to explain events and assess the impact to the manufacturing process and the product quality.
- Provide quality guidance and support in laboratory investigations, deviations, change controls, quality improvements, customer and supplier complaints and implementation of Corrective And Preventative Actions (CAPA).
- Approving raw materials for use in clinical manufacture.
- Reviewing and approving Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Represent the department in project meeting (should the need arise)
The successful candidate will possess a scientific or pharmaceutical production background and a strong understanding of Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and its application for both investigational medicinal products and commercial products. You will have good organisational skills and a high level of attention to detail, while being a team player who communicates well within the team.
A degree in pharmaceutical science and past QA experience is desirable, but not essential, as is experience of working closely within a manufacturing environment.
On this occasion, LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency