Quality Assurance GLP (Good Laboratory Practice) Lead Officer
Competitive salary + Benefits (including Pension scheme, Share Incentive Plan, Healthcare Cash Plan, Retail Discount scheme, Cycle to Work scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Discounted Gym membership rates)
We are recruiting for a Quality Assurance GLP Lead Officer for a knowledge based and science led business focussed on delivering the expertise and capabilities their clients demand. They are focussed in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, chemical, food, agrochemical and consumer products sectors. They have a national footprint encompassing several sites home to scientists with in depth experience and strong problem solving skills.
Due to substantial business growth the company has recently implemented regulatory Good Laboratory practice (GLP) resulting in this new opportunity for a permanent position based at the Bradford site.
What you’ll do:
The Quality Assurance GLP Lead Officer’s function is to further develop and maintain the Quality Assurance Programme for GLP and perform independent monitoring for GLP compliance within the company. The Quality Assurance GLP Lead Officer will impart their GLP knowledge to the current team in GLP auditing. The site also follows GMP for some work and as such this role will have the opportunity to cross train in GMP Quality Assurance.
- Maintain the Quality Assurance Programme for GLP studies.
- Perform and train/mentor other members of the QA team in all aspects and types of auditing required to maintain compliance for GLP work performed.
- Prepare and issue Quality Assurance Statements.
- Develop, write and review Quality Assurance Standard Operating Procedures.
- Review SOPs for compliance with principles of GLP, as required.
- Maintain audit programmes, scheduling and conduct external audits (as required).
- Train other personnel in all aspects of Quality Assurance Systems and Procedures as required.
- Advise management of any deficiencies in Regulatory Requirements.
- Host or partake in Client and Regulatory visits as appropriate.
- Liaise with site personnel to ensure a full understanding of regulatory requirements.
- Participate and perform administrative tasks as required.
- BSc in chemistry or related subject
- Extensive experience in Regulatory GLP auditing.
- Clear communication both written and verbal is essential as the role involves communication with internal and external Stakeholders at all levels within the business.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Presentation skills in order to deliver training and Regulatory knowledge.
On this occasion LiCa Scientific Ltd is acting as an employment agency.