We are working with a contract research organisation in Manchester with a global footprint - they looking to recruit a Quality Control and Analytics Manager to join the Quality team at their Manchester site.
Salary to £40,000 + benefits package
The role includes organisation of all activities of the Quality Control and Analytics department to ensure analytical aspects of each project is delivered in a professional and safe manner. Analytical activities include all quality control responsibilities along with analytical development throughout the department.
What you’ll do:
- Manage a growing team of analytical development chemists and QC Supervisor.
- Identify and implement equipment needs and training requirements.
- Review procedures and capabilities to effectively meet project quality and delivery requirements.
- Propose and implement improvements as appropriate.
- To continually assess the progress on projects against the proposal/customer requirements and up-date customers throughout.
- Liaise with project leaders and team members to resolve difficulties as required.
- Maintain and organise all equipment within the department in accordance with the Standard Operating Procedures, including maintenance agreements with external laboratories.
- To present written and verbal reports when required to both customers and colleagues.
- To meet customers and their representatives as required from time to time, both at the Manchester site and travel to the customer location.
- To keep up to date with current practices and relevant scientific progress pertinent to the practice of chemistry.
- To work in a clean, safe and tidy manner adhering to company policy on 5S.
- To influence safe working practices and enforce as required.
- Communicate project objectives to QC personnel and other departments.
- To review and contract external contactors for purposes of analysis and equipment maintenance.
- To identify the needs of the department for training, performance management and coaching.
- Provide risk assessments for the department.
- You’ll be an organised, flexible individual with good communication and attention to detail.
- You’ll be qualified to at least degree (BSc) level in a chemistry related subject with at last 1 years experience in a similar role.
- You will be able to commute reliably to laboratory base. Able to work extended hours on occasions when required. Sufficiently flexible to be able travel on business if required.
- You’ll be proficient in use of MS Office, chemical structure drawing and literature searching tools such as Chemdraw, ACD Labs and Reaxys.
On this occasion LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.