We are recruiting for a Principal QC Team Leader – analytical operations department to join a client in South Wales on a permanent basis.
Salary To £40,000 depending on experience
Our client is a pharmaceutical manufacturer with facilities for highly potent compounds, specialising in niche pharmaceutical therapies. The company offers a range of out-sourced pharmaceutical services and can support clients from early stages in development to clinical trials through to commercial supply. Due to continued success they are seeking to recruit a Principal QC Team Leader for their analytical operations department.
What you’ll do:
The main purpose of the Principal QC Team Leader role is to lead the Release and Swab teams – including all related activities for release testing (for example in-process testing, method transfer and cleaning verification). You’ll be supporting the QC Manager in driving best practice and compliance throughout the QC department.
Key responsibilities for the Development Team Leader:
- Lead, manage, motivate and develop staff within the group.
- Ensure compliance with all required regulations (company, local, Regulatory and Clients).
- Leading role in client audits and subsequent required responses.
- Direct line management responsibilities for their team, including KPIs, targets and deadline.
- Manage and process HR documentation relating to direct reports – including such things as attendance, overtime and sickness/holidays etc.
- Lead the designated team to ensure delivery of required analytical activities – including written and oral communication of technical aspects of analysis to internal/external clients.
- Preparing technical documentation and participate routinely in batch release/reporting activities.
- Identify knowledge gaps within the department and create strategies for closing these gaps.
- Manage sectional budget expenditure – making improvements to reduce costs where possible.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of required standards (e.g. GMP, ISO).
- Review analytical data for accuracy, completeness and compliance to documented procedures and identify through trending areas to reduce errors, mistakes and deviations.
- To deputise for the QC Manager as and when required.
As an experienced Principal QC Team Leader the essential requirements are:
- Degree in scientific subject (Chemistry or Microbiology preferred)
- Supervisory experience within a GMP laboratory environment is essential – ideally in a pharmaceutical company.
- Experience with managing efficiency improvements – including introducing change and Lean philosophies where required.
- Experienced/trained in motivating, training and developing staff.
On this occasion LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.
Louise Hall is the contact for the role and available on 07787 447 095. Do email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or your application.