We are hiring for a QC Analytical Chemist for a pharmaceutical contract testing organisation in London. Our client is a successful company which has at its core values in teamwork, integrity and respect leading to a strong team that's happy to go the extra mile for clients.
What you'll do:
You will be working in pharmaceutical quality control testing, analysing samples using mainly HPLC and GC chromatography techniques. This will involve a range of dosage forms (solids/liquids/powders) and also include the full suite of pharma Quality Control testing techniques so for example, viscosity and pH testing will also be part of the role. You will be working to GMP (good manufacturing practice) and occasionally be involved in method transfers and validations.
Our client is seeking someone with experience in working in pharmaceutical QC with the above skills in a busy working environment. Were keen to find a strong team fit in a group that operates on a flat hierarchy, empowering team members to have real impact. You will be a good communicator, enjoy working in a team, ambitious and driven to do well.
You will likely be a graduate in chemistry or related though we have an open mind on backgrounds and qualification via experience / other routes is of interest. Experience of HPLC is essential and we require experience of working to GMP or a very strong educated awareness of GMP.
• A degree in a relevant subject or equivalent
• Experience gained in the pharmaceutical industry particularly in GMP, HPLC, GC and Wet Chemical techniques
• Experience in solid dosage testing techniques is highly desirable
• Previous experience of a Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) would be desirable
• An awareness of Laboratory Health & Safety procedures and COSHH guidelines.
Key duties summary:
• The routine analysis of pharmaceutical samples
• The completion of process documentation and samples to support the maintenance of files covering procedures, methods, specifications, certificates and related documents
• The calibration of laboratory instrumentation in accordance with internal procedures
• Sample receipt, laboratory waste management and general laboratory housekeeping
• Ordering and ensuring column, standard and reagent availability for analysis and solution preparation to assist Analysts
• Regulatory audit preparation
Inital phone interviews commencing in week starting 13th February. This is a permanent role, on this occasion, LiCa Scientific Ltd is acting as an employment agency.