We are delighted to be working with a fine chemicals company in their search for a QC Analyst. Our client, who due to very low turnover rarely recruits, is offering an excellent job opportunity, career development opportunities and wider earnings benefits package.
What you’ll do
You will be working in a varied analysis role, across XRF, ICP OES, ICP MS, materials analysis (particle sizing, microscopy – SEM, laser diffraction). Perform and report 3-5,000 analyses/yr for at least 100 products utilising over 75 different analytical methods.
Use, calibration and routine maintenance/optimisation of a diverse range of Laboratory instruments.
Ensure safety standards are maintained within the laboratory and requirements for level 1 & 2 audits are met.
- Perform quality control analyses using established procedures so that production/environmental processes and final products can be controlled within specification limits.
- Perform non-routine analyses using appropriate methodology as required to support department activities.
- Perform routine QC analysis within a cGMP compliant laboratory environment
- Maintain and calibrate analytical instruments including rectifying routine problems (liaising with instrument manufacturers where required), to ensure robust data.
- Validate analytical results, taking appropriate action to address any anomalies, ensuring business decisions are based on robust data. Construction and use of analytical control charts.
- Maintain and ensure all laboratory analytical documentation including pro-formas and logbooks are updated as required.
- Ensure that safe working practices and conditions are maintained within the laboratory.
- Train other analysts and process operators in the use of analytical methodologies to widen their technical capabilities.
Our client is a mid scale organisation with 250 staff, part of a much larger corporate entity. You will have the benefit of being in a small close knit team and yet part of a much wider global company - employing over 2,500 people with manufacturing operations on all 5 continents - so best of both worlds.
You will be:
- Recent graduate (2017) in Chemistry, minimum 2:1
- Industrial laboratory experience completed as part of the course would be an advantage
Additionally, you will have good laboratory skills – performing analysis, basic report writing and sampling techniques. You will be IT literate with a reasonable level of communication skills as the analysts are often required to report results directly to internal personnel (Plant Manager, R&D etc) or externally to third party manufacturers.
A working knowledge of and experience within a cGMP environment is desirable.
This role is initially on a 6 month temporary contract to ensure suitability (on both sides) prior to establishment on a full time perm role.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your most up to date CV and a cover letter.
Should you be keen to have an informal conversation ahead of application please email email@example.com and we’ll be happy to set this up.
On this occasion LiCa Scientific Ltd is acting as an employment business.