Our client is a supplier of innovative high quality tools for Research, Manufacturing the Clinical diagnostics in Life Sciences. They are a large company with over 2,000 employee’s globally and a very diverse product portfolio of chemicals as well as custom manufacturing and instrumentation market offerings. They are seeking an Analytical Chemist to join them, initially this will be on an 18 month contract basis.
They have a fantastic company culture and, when able, will be back to running social events, lunchtime sports classes, pub quizzes and generally keeping things fun. In the meantime the free parking, flexible working, coffee and tea will need to suffice!
What you’ll do:
This role will centre on HPLC analysis to GMP standards. You will be also using NMR. The chemicals that are analysed in this laboratory are diverse and 'never the same twice’ so this will be a role where your troubleshooting skills and understanding of analytical chemistry will be utilised.
Activities such as sample booking, appropriate storage, maintaining stocks of chemicals/consumables, sending samples externally, maintaining stocks of solvents / buffers etc and calibration of equipment will also be part of this role.
- Degree level in chemistry or related science
- Experience of HPLC (this can come from academic project work) we envisage 6 months+ background
- Detailed knowledge of analytical chemistry (NMR, GC, MS, NMR, FT-IR, UV/Vis)
- High level of personal and independent productivity
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Decision making and problem-solving skills
- Practical ability and analytical data interpretation skills
- Collaborative and team work skills
- IT skills and familiarity with Microsoft software packages
- Safe and responsible working manner in laboratory areas
Please email your CV and do take the opportunity to add cover information i.e. cover letter or profile and a bit about yourself.
Please ensure that skills mentioned above are referenced clearly on the CV or cover note. If in doubt then apply from your computer where you can give it a check first.
On this occasion LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.