18 month, full time contract
Benefits include BUPA, 25+8 BH (33 days) holidays a year, flexible working hours, generous pension scheme, life assurance, cycle to work scheme and more (further details available).
Our client is a world-leading developer and manufacturer of high-quality biological reagents and is seeking a Quality Control Analyst for a long term contract.
What you’ll do:
- Work in a safe and responsible manner, abiding by the COSHH regulations and maintaining a high level of tidiness.
- To be familiar with all required QC and analytical techniques through on the job training and external courses where appropriate.
- To carry out QC tests. Techniques to include: HPLC, GC, SFC, MS, NMR, FT-IR, UV/Vis, Fluorescence, Melting point, Karl Fischer, Optical Rotation and Solubility.
- Develop robust and reproducible analytical methods. Perform method validation when required.
- Write and amend standard operating procedures, test methods and other documents as required.
- Carry out calibration of QC laboratory equipment as required.
- Prepare stocks of reagents as required.
- To maintain stocks of solvents, chemicals and consumables within QC.
- Work to maximise productivity and meet targets and deadlines.
- Maintain a high standard of laboratory work with regard to both practical output and documentation
- To receipt and book in samples, ensuring appropriate storage and paperwork for analysis.
- To send samples to external companies for analysis such as CHN, and process the results once returned.
- Adhere to all documented procedures relating to the work carried out.
- Degree level in chemistry or related science
- Ideally 2 years+ QC experience (if you have less than this, please make sure you provide a detailed overview of your technical work such as academic projects or career achievements)
- Detailed knowledge of analytical chemistry
- High level of personal and independent productivity
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Decision making and problem-solving skills
- Practical ability and analytical data interpretation skills
- Collaborative and team work skills
- IT skills and familiarity with Microsoft software packages
- Safe and responsible working manner in laboratory areas
- Excellent attention to detail, time management, and organizational skills
- Excellent ‘can do’ attitude, including a willingness to contribute to tasks that benefit the wider team
- Ability to perform a wide variety of tasks and multi-task efficiently
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to build strong relationships cross functionally
Key skills to highlight on your CV and cover notes:
Please identify to us your skills in any of the following: HPLC, GC, SFC, MS, NMR, FT-IR, UV/Vis, GMP and experience, plus your experience of the Pharmaceutical market.
On this occasion, LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.