Gargrave, Yorkshire or Dunstable, Bedfordshire (with frequent travel between both)
Contract term of 12 months
Our client is a Medical Devices company which is in the process of relocating manufacturing equipment.
This project is expected to take 1 year to complete and forms the basis for this role being created. You will be responsible for leadership of this project, coordinating teams and critical project activities in line with overall project goals and ongoing risk mitigation.
What you’ll do:
This role is dedicated to the transfer project, which is a huge undertaking moving significant capital equipment. The summary of activities below is not exhaustive. As a Project Manager you will be working in a framework of design controls, design excellence and project/pipeline management.
- Directly responsible for all aspects of equipment relocation project, and associated works to agreed costs and quality
- Generate contingency and risk mitigation plans for all critical project activities
- Responsible for management of staff in the project delivery team, and be responsible for the leadership of staff beyond their direct authority.
- Be responsible for compiling project plans in collaboration with cross functional team members
- Agree and execute work to agreed cost and quality levels related to project responsibility
- Influence at Department and Company leadership levels
- Adhere to relevant procedures which directly impact on this role, the roles of others under their management and influence design of departmental procedures
- Set overall project goals in line with company strategy and contributing to company strategy
- Identify new opportunities and generate new ideas and concepts
We are seeking an individual with a strong track record in Project Management ideally in the Medical Devices field, or specifically in the field of equipment relocation.
- Typically possesses Ph.D., M.Sc. or B.Sc. with several years experience in a scientific or technical role including significant leadership responsibility or several years experience in similar role
- Experienced and competent in Design Control, Design Excellence and project and pipeline management processes
- May possess qualification in Project Management or membership of relevant institute or professional body
On this occasion LiCa Scientific Ltd is acting as an employment agency.