Our client is a contract research and manufacturing company based in Manchester. They are a growing business who are expanding their production area and seeking a Production Technician to add to their successful team.
What you’ll do
- The Production Technician will carry out process instructions as described in the batch sheet in a safe and professional manner in order to produce results to the required quality and within the time and cost budgets allocated by the Production Manager
- The Produciton Technician will work with shift leaders, shift chemists and other colleagues in order to ensure that individual and company performance targets are met
- To ensure that the equipment is operated correctly in the manner described in SOPs pertinent to the department
- Prepare equipment trains for subsequent processing
- Transfer materials in a safe manner around the site as required following current SOP.
- Carry out instructions as laid out in the SPI using appropriate PPE as specified
- Record all data required in the SPI according current SOP
- Accurately record any deviation from the SPI in accordance with current SOP
- The Production Technician should be aware of all safety requirements for the working area and abide by all safety rules and regulations
- The Production Technician must be aware of all current Standard Operating Procedures in force within his work area, and of other work areas in which he may work from time to time.
- To ensure that all working areas are maintained in a safe and clean manner at all times
- Read and sign all PRA
- Operate equipment according to current SOPs
- To liaise continuously with other team members to resolve any difficulties encountered in the processing
- Receipt incoming goods in the absence of warehouse staff
- To carry out other duties as may be required from time to time by senior managers.
- The job holder should allocate their own time and resources to ensure that allocated projects are completed to the required time, quality and cost targets.
- The Production Technician should ensure that Shift Leader and other team members are aware of progress and also of any problems encountered during the course of the project
- Recommendation of process improvements that could be made for a returning project
- To prevent any colleague from working in an unsafe manner, stop any unsafe operations and report the action taken to management
- City and Guilds Process Operations Parts 1 & 2 or suitable relevant experience
- Ideally a forklift lisence
- Excellent attention to detail, and adaptability. We’re keen to find someone who takes ownership of problems as they arise
- This is a close knit team who rely on each other, we’re keen to find a good teamworker and communicator to add to this
On this occasion, LiCa Scientific Ltd is acting as an employment agency. To apply please email email@example.com with your current CV. Please do include a cover letter with your application even if it’s just a few words outlining interest, these are very useful to us at this stage of the process and we look forward to hearing from you.