Production Shift Chemist
Salary competitive – details on application
Based in Manchester
We are seeking an experienced production chemist to run a shift of 4 Production Operators, ensuring the productivity and safety of the team, working on a 12 hour day and night shift pattern. Weekends will be kept free. This role is based in Manchester working for a fine chemicals manufacturer, you will be qualified to degree level and responsible for 4 experienced chemical process operators.
What you’ll do
Our client runs a semi automated plant, running 9 reactors of varying size up to 4,500 litres. This role will direct activities working closely with the Production Manager, Operators and Chemists to ensure processes are robust and safe for plant production, you will be responsible for identifying potential issues in processes that bound for the plant and be the chemical expert. This will mean spotting and resolving chemical issues, preparing risk assessments, preparing batch sheets, ensuring all documents and raw materials are available for the production scheduled, and taking management responsibility for the Operators, covering training, holidays and career progression. In summary:
- Managing a team of 4 operators, taking responsibility for their training, performance, holidays and career progression.
- To manage the running of all processes on-going on your shift.
- To follow and ensure your team follow batch sheets, risk assessments and standard operating procedures.
- To work closely with other departments to ensure that processes are robust and safe for plant production.
- Be able to work and operate in a safe manner understanding safety procedures for the plant.
- Communicating and working effectively across numerous departments.
- To carry out other duties as may be required from time to time by senior managers.
- Helping towards the companies 5S program across the whole site.
- Working a 3 shift system 24/7 (Sunday night – Friday afternoon).
You will be qualified to at least degree level in chemistry or a related subject, have experience of experiencing handling hazardous chemicals on a large scale, working in a chemical plant environment.
Experience of writing batch sheets and experience of managing people are also important. We will consider individuals ready to step into a management role who express strong competencies in leadership.
You will be well organised and able to prioritise workloads, with strong communication skills and attention to detail.
Please email email@example.com should you have any questions ahead of application please call +44 161 443 4173 on this occasion, LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.