Our client is a growing, entrepreneurial pharmaceutical contract development company with a global customer base, developing new pharma and biotech products for a range of disease areas.
They are a privately owned mid-sized business. They are seeking a Production Lead Operator to cover a temporary period of 6 to 9 months, with a possibility of permanent contract at the end.
What you’ll do
As a Production Operator you will be responsible for:
- Responsibility to ensure all logging data, house keeping schedules, daily checks, production check sheets and safe systems of work are all in place, up to date and maintained.
- Produce risk and COSHH assessments for work areas and/or projects.
- Calibration, repair and set up of manufacturing equipment.
- Ordering and managing levels of consumables and PPE.
- Lead all production activities within their specific areas.
- Following and updating all set procedures.
- Waste disposal of pharma and solvent waste.
- Working in a health and safety conscious manner at all times.
- Being part of a “fast thinking” team with a “CAN DO / hands on approach” to all activities, will to go the extra mile and providing exceptional flexibility in terms of attitude, working hours and approach.
- Identify and implement departmental process and documentation improvements, deviations and corrective / preventative improvements.
- Support other areas of the business as and when required.
- Production and review of SOP’s for equipment and processing where relevant to ensure practise meets procedure.
- Be a champion in lean projects particularly around 5S, layout and efficiency savings.
- Ensure compliance with all departmental KPI’s
In addition you will on a project specific basis also have the following responsibilities:
- Lead operator for current manage factoring project / campaign with responsibility for operators involved in the project.
- Ensure plant and equipment availability, room setup and all other associated activities.
- Production of working protocols or batch documentation for production exercises in line with a standard way of working.
- Be responsible of operators working on the project.
- Ensure that all batch records are up to date, deviations recorded and that a “right first time” approach is adopted.
- Providing time estimations and update to all relevant stake holders.
- Responsible for the training and competency of all direct reports and / or any supports functions involved in the process or equipment operation.
We require someone with a pharmaceutical operatons background, who has leadership qualities, and covered the majority of the above activities.
Our client is a mid scale business so are not top-heavy on managers. This leads to individuals who solve their problems, take responsibility for the implications of their job (as well as the work in front of them) and who naturally go the extra mile doing very well.
Please email email@example.com with your CV and ideally cover letter. On this occasion, LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.