Process Safety Manager
Salary Competitive, details on request
We are recruiting for an experienced Process Safety Manager on a permanent basis to work in the North East of the UK for a successful pharmaceutical company. Our client is based in Cramlington, this is roughly 20 minutes north of Newcastle by car and well connected to public transport.
As a Process Safety Manager you’ll report to the HSE Director. You’ll be responsible for the successful implementation and maintenance of the process safety/major hazards management system. You’ll provide technical input/leadership in all aspects of plant and process safety along with operational health, safety and environmental management.
- Ensuring compliance with CoMAH, DSEAR and ATEX, EPR as well as the successful implementation of the MAPP and process safety management system.
- Managing the major accident hazard identification and risk assessment processes, including the Haz 0-7 study process and others where appropriate, eg QRA, SIL assessment, occupied buildings risk assessment etc.
- Ensuring major accident hazard (MAH) risks are controlled to ALARP and involvement in decisions over the selection of the basis of safety for MAH control.
- Ownership and authorising of process safety relevant procedures and contribution to the creation/revision of other procedures as required.
- Contributing to the development and delivery of training on process safety issues.
- Managing active and reactive monitoring systems relevant to process safety, eg reporting on process safety performance indicators and participating in incident investigation.
- Oversight of the site emergency response arrangements, in particular, liaising with external stakeholders, competence of the on site emergency response team and the production of emergency response ‘pre-plans’.
- Involvement in the preparation and revision of key permitting/licence documentation relevant to process safety such as the CoMAH safety report, aspects of the EPR permit and hazardous substances consent issues.
- Securing and managing the use of third party expertise where required.
- Acting as the first port of call for process safety matters on site and interaction with regulatory authorities such as HSE and EA.
- Perform risk assessments of plant, equipment and operations.
- Develop training resources for employees in process safety techniques.
As the Process Safety Manager you’ll need close cooperation and communication throughout the other departments. In particular, you’ll work closely alongside the rest of the HSE team with the overlaps with safety and environmental management.
- Degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline eg chemical/process engineering/chemistry (chartered membership of a relevant institution desirable).
- Health & Safety qualification desirable, eg NEBOSH Certificate/Diploma.
- Demonstratable experience in a manufacturing/production environment within an upper tier CoMAH establishment.
- Understanding and appreciation of major accident legislation such as COMAH
- Knowledge and experience of major accident hazard identification and risk assessment processes.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and influence at all levels, and to identify practical and proportionate solutions to challenging or complex issues.
- A thorough knowledge of batch chemical manufacturing techniques and experience with the industry.
- Knowledge of formal hazard assessment techniques such as Hazop and Hazan and corporate methodologies.
- Possesses proven broad based management skills and the ability to operate with minimum supervision
To apply for the Process Safety Manager role:
Cover notes supporting your application are welcomed. On this occasion LiCa Scientific is acting as an employment agency.
Please email email@example.com with your most up to date CV and a cover letter.