Principle Research Chemist
Based in Loughborough
We are currently working with a contract research organization based in Loughborough who are experts in synthetic chemistry. They work with a wide range of clients across a variety of sectors from agrochemicals to biotechnology to pharmaceuticals. They are currently recruiting for Research scientists to join their expanding team.
What You’ll Do:
- Carry out common chemical techniques independently and make choices
- Manage projects, plan and organize the work of others.
- Be a mentor to junior staff
- Keep a laboratory notebook and provide accurate feedback and coaching to junior members of staff to ensure high levels of compliance with recording data.
- Have routine contact with customers via email and teleconferencing, in some cases preparing and presenting presentations to customers where necessary.
- May be required to represent the company externally at conferences and external events.
Who You’ll Be:
- Educated to PhD level or equivalent with substantial industrial experience.
- Have experience managing chemistry projects.
- Have an intimate understanding of chemistry and synthetic strategy.
- Proficient in the use of advanced analytical and synthetic techniques and have the ability to research available techniques for specific project requirements.
- Be a model of good health and safety practices as well as being a champion for general good practice throughout the department.
- Be able to identify poor practice and provide coaching, where appropriate, to ensure the correct action is taken.
On this occasion LiCa Scientific is acting as an Employment Agency.